Skateland of Augusta opened in September of 2007 as a newly renovated skating center with a beautiful maple floor and a state-of-the-art sound system in a secure, flagrantly environment. Many more amenities have been added since then as Skateland has grown, and more are still to come!
Visit the Skateland Photo Gallery for more images of the fun we have waiting for you!
- Maple skating floor, refinished with two coats of new roll-on in Sept. 2011.
- Carpet on the floor and walls around the skate area.
- Clean white paint on all concrete walls.
- Quad skates and new speed skates available for rental (House skates are free with paid admission, speed skates are $4 extra.)
- A state of the art sound system with 18 surround speakers.
- 14 disco balls with colored lights.
- 13x10' projected screen.
- In-house live video.
- 43" flat-screen TV in the snackbar (with DirectTV and 4 ESPN channels- take the kids out to skate without missing the big game!)
- Coke products in the vending machines.
- Lots of picnic tables in the snack area.
- Safety fire extinguishers.
- Great Air conditioning.
- Lockers now available- secure your valuables for just 25 cents!
- Large outdoor sign.
- Parking lot with 128 vehicle spaces.
There is no better place to celebrate a birthday than at Skateland of Augusta.
That's because it's incredibly fun for the kids and incredibly easy for the parents.
Kids tell us their birthday party at Skateland was the best they ever had! Parents
love it too because we take care of everything but the cake.
Parties can be scheduled for:
- Saturday mornings, afternoons, and nights
- Sunday afternoons and nights
- Some evenings (contact Skateland of Augusta)
Private party times are also available; for details, click here.
- Saturday mornings 12:00 - 12:45 pm
- Each skater costs $3 and this includes the skates for the lesson
- Lessons are for all ages
- You do not have to commit to a specific number of lessons. It is strictly pay as you go.
- $10 per half hour
- Contact Kathy at 706-796-4048
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Q: Do you charge for parents to watch?
A: NEVER on regular skating sessions. We're happy you are here! NOTE: Occasionally charitable organizations that host fundraisers at Skateland of Augusta will charge every person (adult or child) that is admitted.
- Q: If my friends are coming to skate, do I need to pay if I'm only going to hang out?
A: With the exception of parents watching their children, everyone entering the rink must pay the admission and skate rental fee.
- Q: Do you offer group rates?
A: We do! Please call 706-796-4048 and we will be happy to work with you. Groups are considered to be 10 or more.
- Q: What size skates do you rent?
A: From juvenile size 8 to adult size 16.
- Q: Can I bring my own skates?
A: Yes. We allow all kinds of regular roller skates and inline skates.
- Q: Can I wear my Heelys?
A: Sorry, because Heelys do not have wheels in the front and back and are not intended for "roller skating" they are not permitted.
- Q: Do you sell skates and equipment?
A: Yes! The Shop is loaded with the latest skates as well as an assortment of candy and glow products.
- Q: What goes on at a public skating session?
A: Most sessions are set-up with a variety of special skates: All-Skate, Backwards, Couples. During daytime or family-oriented sessions we also do the Hokey Pokey, play games and give prizes.
- Q: My child doesn't skate well. Can I walk on the floor to assist him/her?
A: We apologize but during public skating sessions we only allow guests with skates on to enter the skating floor.
- Q: Where can I get skating lessons for my child?
A: Right here at Skateland of Augusta. We have weekly group lessons every Saturday for $3.00 with skates included. Lessons start at noon. Private instruction is also available.
- Q: What forms of payment do you allow?
A: We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Q: Do you have an ATM?
- Q: Can I pay with a check?
A: Sorry, we do not accept personal checks.
- Q: Can I rent Skateland of Augusta privately?
A: We offer private events on select days of the week.
- Q: How far in advance do I need to make party reservations?
A: As a rule of thumb, Session Parties should be reserved at least 2 weeks in advance, a deposit is required. Private parties times are available, call for times and prices: 706-796-4048.
- Q: Do you sell food?
A: Yes! The Rabbit Hole Snack Bar offers Pizza + Hot Dogs, Pretzels, Nachos & Churros. We also offer Coke products and with a candy vending machine.
- Q: Can I bring in food from the outside?
A: The only outside food/drinks we allow during our open skating session is a birthday cake. (This applies ONLY if you have a scheduled birthday party at Skateland.)
- Q: Do you have any Kosher food?
A: Not yet, but soon.
- Q: Do you sell Gift Certificates.
A: Yes. They can be purchased anytime the office is open or during public sessions.
- Q: Will you donate something to my child's school auction?
A: Yes! Skateland of Augusta is happy to donate products/services to non-profits. Please send a written request on organization letterhead stating the name and date of the event and the nature of your request. The courtesy of 3 months notice is kindly requested. Send request to Skateland of Augusta, 2451 Windsor Spring, Augusta, Georgia 30906, Attn: Donations Department.
- Q: Can I use my laptop and go online at Skateland of Augusta?
A: Yes, we have wireless internet.
- Q: Do you take requests for songs?
A: Yes. Our DJ will make every effort to get your favorite song on! (Please note: not all music is appropriate for all sessions. If you ask the DJ, he or she will tell you if we can play a song.)
- Q: Do the games take quarters or tokens?
A: Quarters only. A change machine is located in the Rabbit Hole Snack Bar. You can also get change at the front window or in the snack bar.