Savings Angel Di">
What if I said there was an easy way to come up with another $118,000 for your retirement?
You might be skeptical, but thanks to the power of compounding interest, all you need is $100 a month to have a six figure nest egg waiting for you at retirement. Or if your retirement fund is the least of your worries, there are plenty of other things $100 a month will buy you too.
Of course, if you’re one of the 70 percent of families living paycheck to paycheck, you might think there’s no way you could even come up with $100 a month. Rest assured, it’s not as far out of reach as you think. We’ll talk about how to come up with the money in a minute, but first, let’s discuss all the good things you can get with just $100 a month.
What $100 a month will buy you
On its own, $100 doesn’t seem like much. It might get you less than a week’s worth of groceries, cable TV for a month or a tank and a half of gas if you’re lucky.
However, if you have the self-discipline to set $100 aside each month, it can quickly add up.
1. Put aside $100 a month and at the end of the year you’ll have $1,200. Use that money to make an extra mortgage payment and you could slash more than six years off a $150,000 loan at 4 percent.
2. Save $100 a month for five years, and you’ll have more than $6,000 in the bank. That money will make a nice down payment on a new car or, even better, shop around for a good used car and pay cash.
3. Or to really make the most of that money, put it in investments such as mutual funds. If you are 40 years old now, you could end up with more than $118,000 at age 65, assuming the market continues to average 10 percent annual returns.
And there are certainly plenty of other things $100 a month can buy. You might use the money for necessities like home repairs or you could finally have the cash to go on that monthly date night each month like you and your spouse have been talking about forever.
The easy way to save $100 a month
But how do you get that $100 a month? It’s really simple actually.
For the past seven years, I’ve been teaching people how to save $100 or more each and every month. While most of your bills are fixed, the amount you spend on groceries is a prime place to save money.
Here’s how to get that extra $100 in the bank each month.
1. Gather up coupons for the products you already buy.
2. Watch for those products to go on sale and then combine the coupons with the sale price.
3. Buy extras to fill your pantry with deeply discounted items.
4. Finally, menu plan from the pantry so you are eating from what’s on hand and limiting most of your grocery purchases to only the most deeply discounted items.
The best couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, extreme couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over five years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer. Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s over 70 angels combine over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better. Simply log in, choose the deals you want, print or clip only the coupons you need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores. Our angels will personally work with you to craft a plan that will help you buy healthier food at lower prices – helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month.
Josh Elledge is the Chief Executive “Angel” of SavingsAngel, Inc. – launched from his home in January 2007. A husband and father of three, he now appears each week on television, in eight newspapers, and a number of radio stations across the country teaching families how to cut their grocery bill in half using the Internet. Elledge created the technology found on SavingsAngel.com through the need to save his own family’s money. Successfully able to cut his own grocery bill from $600 a month to less than $300 a month, his message has reached hundreds of thousands of families. SavingsAngel.com is now growing rapidly throughout the country. You can watch a short video at SavingsAngel.com that will explain more information about how to cut your own grocery bill in half with the help of SavingsAngel.com!