The holiday months are the perfect time to try some new and healthy recipes using seasonal produce. There are plenty of fall fruit and veggie superfoods that are full of antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins and minerals. And they’re at their peak in the fall months, so now is the time to give them a try!
- Apples – full of antioxidants and dietary fiber (August – November)
- Brussels sprouts – A great source of vitamin K, folate and iron (September – March)
- Pears – great source of vitamin C, copper and fiber (August – February)
- Cauliflower – phytonutrients which may lower cholesterol and an excellent source of vitamin C (September – June)
- Squash – omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin A (October – February)
- Pumpkin – potassium, fiber, B vitamins (October – February)
- Sweet potatoes – vitamin A, iron, anti-inflammatory benefits (September – December)
- Pomegranates – vitamin C and folate (August – December)
- Dates – low in fat, good source of fiber and potassium (September – December)
- Kiwi – vitamin C, potassium and copper (September – March)
- Grapefruit – vitamin C, lycopene (September – April)
- Tangerine – vitamin C, beta-carotene (November – April)
Here's a couple of recipes featuring these fall favorites!