Chicken caprese stuffed spaghetti squash
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Heat oven to 400° F. Halve spaghetti squash lengthwise and scrape out seeds; drizzle cut sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake, cut sides down, on parchment paper-lined baking sheet 45-50 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly. Using fork, scrape strands of squash into bowl; reserve squash shells.
In skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, onion and remaining salt and pepper about 5 minutes, or until chicken is browned. Stir in pesto; bring to simmer. Cook about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in cherry tomatoes; cook about 1 minute, or until slightly softened.
Toss spaghetti squash with chicken mixture; divide among reserved squash shells. Top with mozzarella cheese; broil 1-2 minutes, or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped basil.