Smoked salmon & cream cheese protein crepes
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrate 44g
458 mg calcium (45% of daily value).
Nutrition figures based on using fat free milk, and include an 8-ounce glass of fat free milk.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup – milk
- 1 – large egg
- 1 – egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons – neutral flavored cooking oil (such as canola, avocado, grapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon – sugar
- 1/2 cup – all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons – whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons – chives, minced
- 4 ounces – smoked salmon
- Capers for garnish (optional)
Pair each serving with:
8-ounce glass of milk
Mix together 3/4 cup milk, eggs, oil and sugar. Using a fine mesh strainer or sifter, sift one-quarter of flour into egg mixture, stir and repeat until all flour has been incorporated into batter.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour a generous 1/4 cup batter into the center of the skillet and rotate pan to spread batter. When the top of the crêpe is set (about 2 minutes), flip and lightly brown the other side, cooking for an additional 2 minutes or so. Flip crêpes onto a paper towel and set aside.
Mix together room-temperature cream cheese and chives in small bowl. Gently spread about 1 tablespoon of the mixture over half of each crêpe. Add 1-ounce smoked salmon to each crêpe and sprinkle with a 5-6 capers if desired. Fold crêpes in half and again into triangles. Serve with remaining 8-ounce glass of milk.