This soup is made with pureed sweet potatoes, ginger, lime, coconut milk and curry paste with just a hint of spice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2-3 Tbsp. green or red curry paste
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 1/2-2 tsp. coarse salt
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- Zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- 1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can coconut milk
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves and coconut flakes, for garnish
1. In a Dutch oven or stock pot, heat oil to medium-high. Add garlic and ginger and saute 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Add curry paste and stir. Add sweet potatoes. Whisk in stock, and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook 12-15 minutes. Puree, until smooth, with an immersion blender.
2. Whisk in lime zest and juice, sugar, coconut milk and cayenne (if using). Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
3. Serve with cilantro and coconut flakes.