Dressing up in costumes, visiting a haunted house, going trick or treating are all part of Halloween fun. If your kids are participating, here are some safety tips to consider.
- Haunted houses can be tricky or terrifying. Make sure your child is mature enough to handle them.
- Brighter costumes are better. Consider adding reflective tape for greater visibility and avoid masks that make it difficult to see.
- Have a parent or trustworthy adult accompany your little one as they make their rounds. For older kids, map out a route that you feel comfortable with and encourage them to only go to houses where there is a porch light on. They should also bring a cell phone for safety.
- When welcoming trick or treaters to your front door, make sure you've cleared the way of anything little feet could trip over.
- Remember to turn your porch light on.
Halloween is fun and festive– make sure its safe too.