Is your head spinning from trying to balance it all? Busy mom and life coach Melissa Robbins offers some tips on keeping everything in balance while also maintaining your sanity. Here are her 5 simple and effective ways to find balance in your life.
- Be clear on your top priorities, goals and values. If you don’t know what you want your life to look like it will be difficult to prioritize. Being clear on what you want will help you balance by knowing what does and doesn’t fall into your big picture. Write it down and use it as a resource to be relentless in prioritizing.
- Say no and don’t over commit. Before you say yes to anything ask if the project aligns with your priorities goals and values. Know what saying yes means you’ll end up saying no to, like time with family or finding time for exercise. Remember it’s not only OK to say “no” it is essential.
- Accept balance in your life. You won’t have to give up things like time with girlfriends, exercise or hobbies if you stay realistic about goals and commitments.
- Trust your intuition. While millions of people will tell you their way is the right way, no one knows you or your children better than you. Do things that feel best for you and your family.
- Make your own rules. Make a set of rules you want to follow to bring more balance into your life. For instance, if it will take less than 5 minutes, do it now so all the little things don’t pile up.