Apple-Brined Chicken Thighs
3 cups apple cider
1/2 each white onion, sliced 1/4" thick
1 each lemon, sliced 1/4" thick
4 sprigs rosemary
1/3 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar, split in half
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 each bay leaf
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
2 cups cold water
10 each bone in chicken
1 pound green beans, trimmed
3 each granny smith apples, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a suitable size pot, combine the cider, onion, lemon, rosemary sprigs, salt, 1/4 brown sugar, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns.
2. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until salt and brown sugar dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in water. Cool brine to room temperature.
3. Place brine in plastic container or zip lock bag and add in chicken.
4. Place under refrigeration for 2 hours, turn every 30 minutes.
5. Place beans and apples in a greased roasting pan. Drain chicken; place in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 40 minutes.
6. Combine the minced rosemary, oil, pepper and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over chicken.
7. Bake 15-25 minutes longer at 375 or until a meat thermometer reads 170 and beans are tender.