Some tanning salons boast cutting-edge equipment. Others talk about knowledgeable staff. And some focus entirely on price. But our secret to success? We know you deserve all of these and more!
We take our results-driven creed to heart with each and every client who walks through our salon doors. Come visit the Sun Tan City salon nearest you and we’ll be happy to help you get the rich, golden glow you’ve always wanted.
Sun Tan City FAQ
What are some tanning tips?
Keep in mind these simple – but valuable – indoor tanning tips:
- Stay moisturized. Healthy, moisturized skin tans faster and maintains its color longer. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated, and regularly use proper skin care products. We offer a wide range of skin care products specially formulated for tanners.
- Take care of sensitive skin. Certain areas of the body just don’t tan, and UV overexposure can be damaging.
- Protect your eyes. You must always wear UV-protecting goggles approved for indoor tanning.
- Protect your lips. Use a high-SPF sunscreen lip balm to keep lips moisturized and protected from UV rays during tanning sessions.
- Be cautious when tanning nude. Sensitive areas of the body that don’t normally receive much sun exposure should be moisturized and exposed to UV only a little at a time.
- Watch out for photosensitivity. Photosensitivity is a condition in which skin is more likely to redden when exposed to UV light. It can be caused by medications or ingredients commonly found in perfumes and makeup. Talk to your doctor about your medications before you begin tanning, and come to tanning sessions free of makeup and perfumes. For more information, check out our Sunbed & Booth Tanning Tips.
What is the best way to care for skin while tanning?
The very best way to care for your skin during tanning is to keep it nourished and moisturized, while giving it plenty of time to finish the tanning process. The tanning process can take up to 24 hours, even after only a few minutes under our lamps. During that time, color continues to develop and skin needs rehydrating inside and out. For the best tan possible, take your time; build your base tan slowly while keeping your skin moisturized.If you’re a first-time tanner, talk with your Sun Tan City Tanning Consultant to find the right tanning lotions for you, based on your skin type and tanning goals. They are a great way to give your skin a refreshing boost of moisture and nutrients, which will help to extend the life of your tan.
After a tanning session, apply your chosen tan extender twice daily to help keep your skin soft and healthy. Don’t forget to moisturize from the inside out by drinking plenty of water and avoiding additional prolonged UV exposure. If you know you will be outside for a long period of time, remember your sunscreen.
For more information, check out our Skin Care Tips