Sometimes, I hear conversations and/or phrasing that make me laugh, or things I think are interesting, or far fetched, or ghastly, and I write them down immediately, because I'm always thinking of YOU, dear reader, and how to entertain YOU.
I just reread this and realize I should be honest. I'm not writing things down for you. No, I write them down because I'm on the downside of 45 and forget EVERYTHING.
Case in point. One night, my daughter told me that she was going to be working 12-6 the next day. Around 5:00 pm that day, I began to freak out because I had called her twice with no answer, and there was no response to my texts. I had completely forgotten that she was working until I got her text which said, and I quote, "I'm working LOL."
I quickly called off the search parties. In less than 24 hours, I managed to not only have a conversation with her about her hours, but turn around and panic when I didn't hear back from her, because I didn't remember she was safely at work, ignoring her phone, because she's working. At her job.
Yes, I'm getting old.
However, here are some of the things that have happened lately that I have managed to write down and remember for yens:
1) The moon last Friday night. It was awesome. We took a picture of it right after we got home from seeing the Bodeans at the "On the Waterfront", around midnight.
2) An argument between my two oldest children. Those arguments used to be over toys, or tattling, or the TV station they were watching.
Argument 12 years ago:
"Mom, he took my Barbie."
"Mom, she's watched this already, can't I watch my channel?"
Oldest child (son, 23) tiredly makes his way up the basement stairs. My husband and I and my daughter (21), are sitting on the couch.
Boy: My knees are so sore.
Girl: Maybe if you weren't on them so much they wouldn't hurt.
Boy: (long pause) I can't think of a comeback right now, but when I do, it's going to be epic. (bedroom door slams)
3) This unbelievably thoughtful gift my husband got me. He recently discovered 'the Ebay'. We set him up a Paypal account and I slid a pamphlet on computer addictions under his pillow.
But look! Look! A poster of one of my most favorite movies about witches! In a beautiful frame we bought on a shopping trip together!
4) Sunday I made a lovely bean and pasta soup, recipe courtesy of my sister. I took a picture of the soup but it looked too much like barf.
5) I am pretty sure I have a story that's going to be in a book coming out the end of next month. Stay tuned for more details, like when I actually know for SURE. However, I made it through the first round and now they're going to send it to me for editing, so...keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll know more in a few weeks.
I think there were a few more things that I wrote down so I would remember.
However, I forgot my notebook out in the car and the garage door is already shut, so that's that.
I'll have to start a new list of things to remember. Number One will be to get my notebook out of the car.