Otis used to have the “perfect” family. That all changed when his parents told him that they were getting a D…D…D…The “D” Word – he can’t even say it!
At first Otis blames himself. With the help of his Gram, Otis discovers the reasons why people get divorced. He also learns about the Three C’s of Divorce: I didn’t CAUSE it, I can’t CHANGE it, so I’m going to have to learn to COPE with it!
This book offers both children and adults the tools and insights that are needed to effectively deal with the difficult challenges that a family goes through when parents get divorced.
Working through a divorce successfully is a team effort and it’s not always easy, but it can be done. Here are a few tips:
Divorce Survival Tips for Good Parents:
• Stay involved in your child’s life in every way possible.
• Use direct communication with your ex-spouse – do not talk through your child.
• Do not say mean things about your ex-spouse in front of your child.
• Work hard to be civil to one another when your child is present.
• Support the time your child spends with your ex-spouse. Do not act jealous.
• Keep your child’s teacher, school counselor, and child care provider informed.
For more information or to purchase this book please visit Julia Cook Online