Success to any diet requires diligence, self-discipline, and an encouraging word or two from friends and family! It also helps to have a few tools to assist you along the way.
Below are a few places to look so that you can be the most successful with your new year weight loss goals!
• Track your calories with Google: Keeping track of your daily caloric intake is the first step in managing your diet and will ultimately help you lose weight. With iGoogle's Calorie Calculator, you can easily manage every day calories and even see your recommended daily caloric count.
• BMI Calculator: Use this calculator from Real Simple to determine your body-mass index, otherwise known as your BMI. Your BMI is the ratio of height to weight, which could indicate if your heart is at risk. Calculate your BMI today to see where you stand on the scale.
• Calorie Calculator: Want to know how many calories you've burned after working out? Use this calculator from About.com, simply enter how long you worked out and your weight and learn how many calories you burned. Increase intensity when ready and keep track of your success!
• Food Analyzer: This interactive database from About.com allows you to search or browse various foods in different categorizes, to find nutritional content.
• My Free Trainer: Whether you're a beginner or in the advanced stages of fitness, My Free Trainer offers podcasts, workout plans, and other helpful information to assist you in achieving your desired weight loss. Design a plan for yourself and start on the track to success today!
• Jenny Craig OR Weight Watchers: Weight loss programs like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers not only motivate you to success, but they can also connect you with other people who have the same goals as you. Running the race alongside someone can be inspiring and provide a push to strive for excellence, which will ultimately help you attain what you're after - weight loss! For a small monthly fee, both programs can offer you tools and tips, as well as a community of people that will help you get what you're after, faster!