This is a very easy recipe with no real cooking involved! And its a good use for on sale cuts of meat. There’s only a few ingredients too so it makes it economical!
Candace is the mom of three and currently a full time culinary student at Lansing Community College. Her future plans include becoming a certified chef and food photographer.
• 3-5 pounds boneless pork chops
• 1 bottle BBQ Sauce
• cracked pepper and sea salt (invest in the grinders its worth it trust me!)
• dried sage (powder is fine fresh is better)
• 1 can Dr. Pepper
• 4 oz. chicken stock
• Place the chicken stock in the crock pot.
• Season the meat on both sides with salt, pepper, and sage and put in the crock pot.
• Cover and heat on low until the liquid is reduced by 1/3.
• Add can of Dr. Pepper.
• Continue to simmer, and when the meat flakes apart its ready.
• Drain the liquid, save this for an amazing gravy or pinto bean boil base, its very tasty
• Add the BBQ, and use two forks to shred the meat.
• Cover and leave on warm, serve on bread or in a pita etc!