Southwestern Shrimp Tacos Recipe_Julie Gardner
We are making Southwestern Shrimp Tacos on this week's "Dinner Tonight." Watch some simple steps to an amazing dinner for your family.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cost per Serving: $2.73
Measuring cups and spoons
Cutting board and knife
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 16 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- lime wedges
- Combine shrimp, hot sauce, Chile powder, cumin and salt. Toss together and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp. Cook until shrimp is opaque.
- Combine tomato, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and avocado.
- Warm tortillas in microwave or skillet. Serve shrimp in warm tortillas with coleslaw mix and avocado salsa. Squeeze lime over taco if desired.
Serving Size: 2 tacos
Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 177 mg
Sodium: 598 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 46 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 27 g