Turkey and Veggie Tostadas Recipe_Karen Jungman
We are making Turkey and Veggie Tostadas on this week's "Dinner Tonight." Watch some simple steps to an amazing dinner for your family.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cost per Serving: $2.00
Measuring cups and spoons
Cutting board and knife
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (6-inch size)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (1 1/4 ounces) low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and divided
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place tortillas in single layer on baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake about 10 minutes until crispy and slightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until done, stirring often. Add water, taco seasoning mix, onion, zucchini and tomatoes. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat mixture onto tortillas. Top with cheese, lettuce and remaining tomatoes. Serve with salsa and cilantro if desired.
Serving Size: 1 tostada
Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 55 g
Sodium: 670 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 28 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 27 g