It’s happened to all of us. At one point or another we’ve look around our kitchen and thought, “What on earth is that smell?” Here are some tips to keep your kitchen smelling clean and fresh.
• Clean out your refrigerator regularly. Trash day is the perfect day to clean out the refrigerator, that way any expired food items that can’t go down the disposal, don’t have to sit in the garbage can and rot.
• Regularly deodorize the garbage disposal. While running the disposal add a cut lemon and follow up with hot water. Baking soda and vinegar is another option that creates a volcano effect that is fun to watch. Again, rinse with hot water when finished.
• Don’t neglect the pantry. Make pantry inventory and organization a regular part of your kitchen cleaning routine. A forgotten bag of potatoes in the deep dark recesses of your pantry may be that mystery odor you can’t quite pinpoint.
• Regularly change out your kitchen sponges. Run them through the dishwasher to keep them fresh in between changes.
• Anything citrus in a spray or candle will cut the cooked food smell. Try lemon, orange, or grapefruit, especially after cooking bacon.
To read more from Annie, click here.