This article, entitled Tasty Hummus Recipe comes from Dawn Wells at partner site slopswap.com.
Looking for a great Hummus Recipe? I have totally been eating hummus like crazy lately. I love the flavor, the texture and eating it with carrots. I’m also partial to hummus with baked pita chips. Yum! Do you like hummus? Is there anything special that you eat with hummus? Let me know! I’m always interested in trying new things.
Here’s a great hummus recipe for making at home.
- 1 (15 oz size) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water (more or less depending on texture you want)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (more or less depending on texture you want)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In your food processor, put the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne. Turn on and pulse until mixture is fairly smooth.
- Start processor running steady and slowly pour in the water, stopping motor to test the texture, then adding more water if you like.
- Again, with motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil, adding more if you like.
- Stop processor, taste and adjust seasonings, pulse and repeat taste testing until you have it the way you like it.
- Add the parsley and pulse a few times.
- Spoon out into a bowl and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. If you refrigerate, let the hummus sit out at room temperature a few minutes before serving - it tastes better when it's not too chilled.
- Can be served as a dip, spread, or just eaten with a spoon.
- Makes about 2 cups of hummus.
Read more great articles from Dawn at slopswap.com.