This article, entitled Chicken Sausage Flavored Sliders comes from Dawn Wells at partner site slopswap.com.
Does your family love sliders as much as my family does? They would eat them every day if I made them. Here’s a great recipe for Chicken Sausage Flavored Sliders that are a little healthier because you make it with chicken instead of beef and then broil them. I like that it uses English muffins instead of a hamburger roll, just enough to change it up and make it new.
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated fresh onion
- 1 tsp fennel seed, finely crushed and chopped
- Mix together all the ingredients in a glass bowl; be sure it's blended but don't over-work the chicken or it will get tough.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To prepare, divide the chicken mixture into 3 or 4 even sized patties.
- Grill or put under broiler until cooked through.
- Remove and serve on mini-buns, English muffins cut to size, or other rolls or bread.
- Add condiments, tomato slices, lettuce, or whatever you like.
- The balsamic vinegar and fennel seeds give the chicken a 'beef-and-pork-sausage' like flavor that we love, while still sticking with a healthy diet.
Read more great articles from Dawn at slopswap.com.