This article, entitled Italian Zucchini Fries comes from Dawn Wells at partner site slopswap.com.
Ever wonder how to get your kids to eat more veggies? Here’s a great recipe for Italian Zucchini Fries that uses zucchini and turns it into fries! Since you won’t actually be “frying” them, it is even healthier!
Easy to make and you can get the kids involved by letting them dip the zucchini into the eggs and breading. Yes, it will get a little messy with little hands, but getting them involved will encourage them to eat better since they helped make it.
- 2 medium size zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
*optional - if you don't have seasoned breadcrumbs, use plain and add dried oregano or other Italian seasonings to the breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray non-stick cooking spray on a baking sheet or cookie sheet.
- Wash and dry the zucchini, then cut into thin French-fry size and shape sticks.
- Put egg white in a bowl, whisk until frothy, then add milk and whisk together until combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl, put the Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumbs and mix together.
- Put a few zucchini 'French fries' into the egg/milk mixture to coat, then remove and put in breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture, coating well.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, and continue until all zucchini fries are prepared.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until nicely browned; turn once during the cooking time.
- Remove to a cooling rack and enjoy with any dip you like.
- Will make 2 light snacks.
What other veggies would you use with this cooking method? I’m thinking anything that can be cut into strips or coins would work. Let me know what you’ve tried.
Read more great articles from Dawn at slopswap.com.