This recipe is modified version of S'more Brownie Bites by Giada De Laurentiis. This post is based on my opinion and facts provided by Habitall. This is not a paid post.
As you may already know, the Cookin' Lean Kitchen is all about taking decadent recipes and making them a little bit healthier. Typically this means finding healthy ways to cut down on butter and sugars, while finding ways to substitute healthier grains or adding more vegetables and fruits.
There are lots of secrets and tricks to cookin' lean, but one that I am always seeking new options for is in the area of sweetening. When I look to reduce sugar in a recipe, I always lean toward the most natural form of sweetening. The more natural the sweetener, the healthier it is for us.
This recipe uses a sweetener called Habitall in place of sugar.
Original Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
The recipe is a winner! They were rich and delicious, as any brownie should be. On top of that, they were lower in calories and higher in fiber thanks to the sweetening power of HABITALL. As far as baking abilities, it works like true sugar. It is simple to substitute because if a recipe calls for one cup of sugar, then you simply use one cup of HABITALL. It's that simple! Let's see how this recipe measured up according to nutrition facts...
NUTRITION FACTS (Per serving of one brownie):
+ 2.4g fiber
A Little About Habitall...
- Habitall is an ALL-NATURAL, LOW-CALORIE sweetener made from three natural ingredients: erythritol,polydextrose and monk fruit.
- It can be used for cooking and baking.
- Measures and pours like real sugar (seriously, it really looks like sugar. That's one of the first things I noticed).
- Very low in calories ~ Only 0.34 calories per gram
- Diabetic friendly, ranking zero on the glycemic index.