Springboard for Success">
These tips come from Springboard for Success, equipping young men and women with the social, style and etiquette skills they need to thrive in social situations, professional environments and the world of modeling.
Talk to any parent, teacher or coach and they will tell you that kids today can be just plain rude! So what can we do about it?
In today’s world, the more obnoxious you are, the more press you’ll get. And no press is bad press, right? Wrong. Our kids today are watching little ones to young adults scream, curse and disrespect their elders all in the name of fame. In real life, kids need to be reminded that reckless behavior will not get them what they want.
So what can we do about the mannerless society? Here are five tips for parents from “30 Daily Reminders About Manners”:
1. Children need to take responsibility for their actions. Making excuses for your child’s decisions, actions and behaviors only teaches them that it’s not their fault!
2. Good manners don’t make you superior. They make you respectful.
3. Teach your child to hold his utensils properly in the beginning. Teaching continental style is a plus!
4. Plan for sit-down dinners at home and ask your child to set the table. It doesn’t need to be fancy, just correct! Fork on the left, knives and spoons on the right.
5. If you want your child to be successful, teach them early to stand up straight, speak clearly and use good manners.
Manners seem to have gone out of style. But if you look around, anyone who exhibits true style also exhibits good manners!