I was the typical stereotypical girl in school. I excelled in English, Writing, Reading and Art, and failed miserably at Science, Math (I still count using my fingers, no joke) and all things that required analytical skills. So it was not possible for me to ever have considered a career as an inventor. However, if I were to suddenly be able to figure out what 8 times 9 is without having to think for an extra few seconds, I would love to create new inventions that would be helpful in my life. Here’s my initial list of ideas:
1. An automatic car seat strap device. All your child would have to do is climb into a seat, then a device would come and strap them in. I still haven’t figured out how it wouldn’t chop of their heads at times if they moved, so that one would probably be patent-pending.
Martinis and Minivans is a blog about a New Yorker now living the Midwest life as a writer, mother, and woman on the never-ending quest to be hip. Danielle Herzog is a native Long Islander from a ridiculously large Italian family where she doesn’t know the names of all of her cousins. She loves being in the Midwest but still doesn’t understand what May Day is and why everybody is so nice. You can find her at nights after the kids are in bed writing on her computer with an episode of The Real Housewives of Any City in the background.
2. A folding laundry device. I’m not talking that board that they use at The Gap. I’m talking a robot who could fold my laundry.
3. IHOP delivery. Seriously – how can we send a man on the moon but we still haven’t figured out breakfast delivery? It’s a crime.
4. Roomba for lawns. Roomba or IRobot is that vacuum that you just leave on and it vacuums the house by itself. When it hits a wall, it just turns around and keeps vacuuming. What if we created a lawn mower that could do that? When it hits a plant, it turns around. It would make for some interesting shapes in the grass though…
5. Car dispensers for children’s snacks. You know those soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the shower? One of those in a car for snacks next to a kid’s car seat would be awesome. They click a button and out comes a handful of snacks. That way, I’m not digging in my purse while driving to find one last pack of fruit snacks, uhm…I mean….apple slices.
What inventions would you like to see made to make your life easier?
Designed by Gray Digital Media