The current cost of products gives pause to most purchasers. Consideration of need and usefulness are on the rise. A consistent money-saving technique is to think about products in a dual-purpose light. Sometimes a great deal is passed over because the main use of a product is deemed unnecessary. But by considering other uses for common products, a good deal becomes a fantastic deal.
Here are a handful of dual-purpose suggestions:
(1) Paper towel to keep vegetables fresh longer. (Line the vegetable container with paper towel.)
(2) White vinegar as a meat marinade and tenderizing agent. (Spice as desired to add flavor.)
(3) Baking soda as a scrubbing agent for cleaning everything from microwaves to silver. (Add water to make a paste.)
(4) Soap to lubricate furniture drawers. (Remove squeaky or hard to slide drawers, and rub runners with a bar of soap.)
(5) Lemons or lemon juice to deodorize cutting surfaces. (Rub on thoroughly, allow to sit, then rinse well.)
(6) Tea bags for dying garments. (Soak garment in hot water with tea bags, then rinse with cold water.)
(7) Aluminum foil as a pot scrubber. (Crumple a piece of foil and use instead of a scrub-sponge.)
(8) Strong mouthwash as a cut, scrape or abrasion antiseptic. (Pour or soak a minor surface wound to disinfect.)
(9) Re-sealable plastic bags for separating jewelry. (Store jewelry in sets for easy accessorizing.)
(10) Dry milk to thaw frozen fish. (Reconstitute the milk in water, immersing the fish in it to thaw.)
The possibilities are nearly endless – but all add up to one thing: saving. Make items work twice as hard, so your wallet doesn’t have to.
The best couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, extreme couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over five years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer. Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s over 70 angels combine over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better. Simply log in, choose the deals you want, print or clip only the coupons you need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores. Our angels will personally work with you to craft a plan that will help you buy healthier food at lower prices – helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month.
Josh Elledge is the Chief Executive “Angel” of SavingsAngel, Inc. – launched from his home in January 2007. A husband and father of three, he now appears each week on television, in eight newspapers, and a number of radio stations across the country teaching families how to cut their grocery bill in half using the Internet. Elledge created the technology found on SavingsAngel.com through the need to save his own family’s money. Successfully able to cut his own grocery bill from $600 a month to less than $300 a month, his message has reached hundreds of thousands of families. SavingsAngel.com is now growing rapidly throughout the country. You can watch a short video at SavingsAngel.com that will explain more information about how to cut your own grocery bill in half with the help of SavingsAngel.com!