Taxes can be overwhelming. Here’s some help. First, a list of commonly needed documents. This is not a complete list, and not all items apply to all filers.
• Social Security Numbers (of all dependents)
• Charitable Contribution Statements
• Investment Earnings Statements
• Mortgage Interest Statement
• 2011′s Return; including the amount of any refunds
• Work-related Expense Receipts (such as uniform requirements that are not reimbursed)
• Home improvements that improved energy efficiency (such as replacement windows and doors)
• Self-Employment Records
• Business Expense Receipts
• Business Expense Records
• Business Income Records
• Mileage Statements
• Home-use for Business Statements (such as utility bills)
• Home utility purchases that improved energy efficiency (such as a new furnace or water heater)
Second, some tips for getting ready…
(1) Gather your paperwork. Look at last year’s return to jog your memory.
(2) Make an appointment with a tax professional, or purchase and install current tax return software on your computer.
- If you get help with your taxes, allow at least two days between gathering your paperwork and going to your appointment. This gives you to time to remember everything you need to bring with you.
- If you use self-prep software, don’t fill it out and send it the same day. Save your return and look at it again the next day with fresh eyes. This reduces the chance of errors or omissions.
(3) If you owe money, you can submit the paperwork, and then wait to mail the money on April 15th. Payments are not required to be sent with your return.
One more tip to consider…
If you receive a huge refund every year, it may feel like a windfall and be exciting, but it actually harms you financially. Often all a big refund means is that you overpaid the government all year. Then they give you your money back without paying you any interest. So examine why you get a big refund and consider adjusting your payroll deductions. Always seek personal, professional advice prior to making any changes.
The best couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, extreme couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over five years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer. Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s over 70 angels combine over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better. Simply log in, choose the deals you want, print or clip only the coupons you need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores. Our angels will personally work with you to craft a plan that will help you buy healthier food at lower prices – helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month.
Josh Elledge is the Chief Executive “Angel” of SavingsAngel, Inc. – launched from his home in January 2007. A husband and father of three, he now appears each week on television, in eight newspapers, and a number of radio stations across the country teaching families how to cut their grocery bill in half using the Internet. Elledge created the technology found on SavingsAngel.com through the need to save his own family’s money. Successfully able to cut his own grocery bill from $600 a month to less than $300 a month, his message has reached hundreds of thousands of families. SavingsAngel.com is now growing rapidly throughout the country. You can watch a short video at SavingsAngel.com that will explain more information about how to cut your own grocery bill in half with the help of SavingsAngel.com!
The new Price Watcher service at SavingsAngel.com allows you to pick your favorite stores, the products you use and how much you want to save. When a sale-coupon deal meets your savings target you get an email alert. Easily create a shopping list with your personalized matches, including the coupons you need for your deals. It'll save you hours of time each month, cut your grocery bill in half, and save you hundreds of dollars.
Price Watcher is brand new technology not available anywhere but SavingsAngel.com -- the most advanced yet easy-to-use grocery-deals service on the Internet. With your SavingsAngel membership, you can create your customizable shopping lists from hundreds of weekly matchup deals, easily compare deals between stores, search for specific products or coupons, get personalized help for beginners and great tips for experts, and much more. Let SavingsAngel help you save more time and money. Start today for $20 risk free – your first four weeks are guaranteed and your 2nd four weeks are free.
BONUS: SavingsAngel is offering their Price Watcher Express Membership for only $5 a month. CLICK HERE to learn more, set your alert preferences and start saving today.