Summer is busy and keeping costs down can slip away as the fun and busyness begins.
Here are some quick tips to make it easier…
(1) Keep a folder in your vehicle that holds restaurant, activity, and other non-grocery coupons. Having coupons with you at all times will help save money while out and about.
(2) Take 5-10 minutes when already shopping to skim clearance clothing. Throughout summer, prices are slashed on pieces for the remainder of summer – look for next fall and winter, too.
(3) Think about dinner right after breakfast. Planning early in the day affords time to prepare – and avoids eating out or ordering pizza because it’s 6:00 p.m., everyone is starving, and nothing is started.
(4) Hang a piece of paper on the fridge to jot things down, before you run out of them. Use this as a reminder to watch for a good sale, and to avoid paying retail out of desperation.
(5) One day each week, execute an “on hand” challenge. Devote one day a week to using any close-dated items in your pantry, fridge and freezer.
(6) Keep meals small and light. Concentrate more on serving healthy options, rather than full ‘rounded’ meals. The summer heat and your budget is better suited to lighter offerings.
(7) Freeze water bottles. Continually refill and freeze bottles of water to grab each time you leave the house. Having ice cold water on hand eliminates the need to pay high prices to quench thirst.
(8) Watch deal sites for activities, restaurants and more. Sign up for daily emails from Groupon, Seize the Deal, Living Social, and like sites to take advantage of special deals for summer fun. It’s free and you never know what the next deal will be!
(9) Stay in the habit of using grocery coupons. Even if you don’t have much time, continue to fit in using grocery coupons. By end of summer, you’ll be glad you did.
The best couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, extreme couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over five years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer. Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s over 70 angels combine over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better. Simply log in, choose the deals you want, print or clip only the coupons you need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores. Our angels will personally work with you to craft a plan that will help you buy healthier food at lower prices – helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month.
Josh Elledge is the Chief Executive “Angel” of SavingsAngel, Inc. – launched from his home in January 2007. A husband and father of three, he now appears each week on television, in eight newspapers, and a number of radio stations across the country teaching families how to cut their grocery bill in half using the Internet. Elledge created the technology found on SavingsAngel.com through the need to save his own family’s money. Successfully able to cut his own grocery bill from $600 a month to less than $300 a month, his message has reached hundreds of thousands of families. SavingsAngel.com is now growing rapidly throughout the country. You can watch a short video at SavingsAngel.com that will explain more information about how to cut your own grocery bill in half with the help of SavingsAngel.com!