We often hear people say they would use coupons, but it’s just not worth their time. But is it really true they take too long and don’t add up to enough? Let’s look at the facts in a different light. Because no two situations are exactly alike, follow these steps to see if coupons really are for you, but you just never thought of it that way…
(1) Divide, to the minute, how much you make per hour. (Such as, $9 per hour = $.15 per minute.)
If you currently do not have a job outside the home, choose a reasonable amount to compensate you for all you do. Average the hourly wages of similar jobs – secretary, nurse, coach, cook, taxi driver, etc.
(2) Add up the total spent on all grocery items in one week. Be sure you include all trips to any store.
SavingsAngel helps busy moms dramatically cut their grocery bills. The best of all the blogs and websites with game-changing technology in one easy-to-use system. Personalized shopping lists from hundreds of weekly sale-coupon matchup deals. Search for specific products or coupons. PLUS personalized help for beginners and great tips for experts.
(3) Check out just two coupons sources and up the values you missed out on. Use www.savingsangel.com/coupons and www.savingsangel.com/smartsource. Also note coupons for similar items, but just a different brand.
(4) Divide those savings by the time it would have taken you to print and redeem only the coupons you found. Rule of thumb: Each coupon takes approximately 2 minutes total to print, clip and redeem.
So, even if you only found $6 in savings, that’s $.60 per minute you didn’t save. (10 minutes divided by $6). In other words, you lost 4 times your income.
More compelling thoughts…
(1) If someone offered to sell you something you needed, but at 4 times the price – would you buy? Of course not. But if you’re not using coupons, you are buying… every single week!
(2) Using coupons keeps you focused on the best deals. Shoppers who go armed with information, a plan and coupons spend much less on impulse buys. Honestly evaluate your receipts. How much extra are you spending just because things sound or look good? No telling how much more you’d save above the coupon values themselves.
(3) The total you save using coupons is a straight amount – no taxes taken out, no health insurance, no union dues. Once your check is all cut up, how much do you really bring home per hour? Per minute?
(4) If your boss asked you to take one extra hour to prepare prior to completing a regular weekly task – but offered to pay you 4 times as much to complete that task – would you do it? Or would it not be worth your time?
Extreme couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, extreme couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over five years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer. Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s over 70 angels combine over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better. Simply log in, choose the deals you want, print or clip only the coupons you need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores. Our angels will personally work with you to craft a plan that will help you buy healthier food at lower prices – helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month.
Josh Elledge is the Chief Executive “Angel” of SavingsAngel, Inc. – launched from his home in January 2007. A husband and father of three, he now appears each week on television, in eight newspapers, and a number of radio stations across the country teaching families how to cut their grocery bill in half using the Internet. Elledge created the technology found on SavingsAngel.com through the need to save his own family’s money. Successfully able to cut his own grocery bill from $600 a month to less than $300 a month, his message has reached hundreds of thousands of families. SavingsAngel.com is now growing rapidly throughout the country. You can watch a short video at SavingsAngel.com that will explain more information about how to cut your own grocery bill in half with the help of SavingsAngel.com!