It's colder out, and you might be looking for a hot drink to warm you up. In this House Works, Moms Everyday blogger, Alison Bickel, joins us with a way to make chai tea.
(makes 8 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 tea bags, black tea
- 2 cups nondairy milk
- Sugar to sweeten
- In a small saucepan bring water to a boil. Place tea bags, cinnamon sticks, ginger, cloves and cardamom in boiling water for several minutes.
- Reduce heat, add in milk and heat through being careful not to boil after milk has been added.
- Remove from heat and pour tea through a strainer to remove cloves, cinnamon sticks and ginger.
- Sweeten to you own preference.
To see Alison Bickel's blog, This Homemade Life, click here.