This article, entitled Chicken Cheese Quesadillas comes from Dawn Wells at partner site slopswap.com.
I love when we go out to eat and we order quesadillas. All that cheese in between two tortillas is just so delicious! Now, you don’t have to go out to get this favorite treat – you can make it right at home. It is really easy. This would turn any weeknight dinner into something fun, maybe you could make it into a theme dinner.
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or Pepper Jack if you like the heat
- 8 small low-carb tortillas
- 8 oz cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Lay 4 tortillas out on work surface.
- Evenly divide the cheese and sprinkle 1/2 of each portion over the tortillas.
- Spread even amounts of the chicken, peppers, and cilantro over the cheese, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Set the remaining 4 tortillas over the filled tortillas, press to close.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with a little cooking oil.
- Put over medium-high heat, then set each quesadilla in skillet, cooking 2 minutes, or until browned slightly, then flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove and continue with each quesadilla.
- Cut each in half and serve warm.
- Add any other veggies you'd like, just making sure you cut them very small so they heat during the short cooking time.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
This will serve 4 a full meal or cut in half will serve 8 a light snack or lunch.
Read more great articles from Dawn at slopswap.com.