(BPT) - The sun is shining longer every day, telling you that it's time to get ready for vacations, activities with family and friends and of course, swimsuit season. To help you prepare, there are some simple fitness tips you can follow to look and feel good this summer season.
Celebrity trainer and spokesman for the makers of Dr. Scholl's(R), Dolvett Quince, helps people to look and feel their best on a daily basis.
"Summer is just a few short months away," Quince says. "Getting your body ready for summer requires full involvement of one's self. You need to be prepared mentally as much as you invest in yourself, physically. So, you need to be ready from your head to your toes - it's a full body commitment. Hard work aside, you'll be sure to enjoy the new you as you reach your goal."
He has a few tips to help you tackle your workout routines and get your body ready for your summer wardrobe:
* Stay hydrated. Drinking water helps flush your system, and as a bonus, it keeps you from feeling bloated.
* Swimwear, shorts and dresses show off the legs, so be sure to target that area. Do squats and lunges to help tone the thighs and glute area.
* Eat plenty of fiber. Remember you can get fiber from many different foods, including delicious summer fruits such as raspberries, blueberries and strawberries!
* Wear the right footwear. You don't want your workout routine halted by injuries or soreness in your feet or legs. Dr. Scholl's(R) Active Series(TM) Replacement Insoles offer targeted Triple Zone Protection - in the ball of the foot, the arch, and the heel - to help protect feet with every step. These insoles can help relieve and prevent pain for those suffering from shin splints, runner's knee and plantar fasciitis.
* Add weights to your workout routine. They don't have to be heavy to help trim and tone your muscles.
* Keep up the workout, even while on vacation. Add a little variety to the routine with yoga or a jog along the beach. Time your workouts in the morning so you can enjoy the rest of your day.
* As always, be sure to exercise responsibly and consult with a fitness expert to ensure you use proper form.
Summer and warmer weather will be here before you know it, so get started right away to show off your physical fitness and summer-ready body. Put Quince's fitness tips to use now to get your body toned and ready.