Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
There are so many recipes out there for oatmeal raisin cookies! I modified a good one to make it even better. Try it out and see for yourself!
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Butter Flavored Shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
3 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 Cup Raisins
Parchment Paper to line cookie sheets
1. Preheat oven to 350, line baking sheets with parchment paper
2. Cream shortening and sugars together
3. Mix in eggs and vanilla
4. Sift together (or stir with fork) flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add to mixture from step 2
5. Mix in oatmeal, coconut and raisins
6. Form balls, place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
7. Let cool approximately 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet and then finish on cooling rack or aluminum foil.
8. After cooled, store in air tight container.TIPS
Rotate your cookie sheets half way through cooking, top/bottom and front/back, this helps the cookies bake more evenly.
Create consistent sized cookies by scooping batter with measuring spoon, and then roll your ball to bake. This helps the cookies bake more evenly. Use a very full measuring tablespoon, or for a larger cookie, use a small ice cream scoop.