Saint Paul Church is a vibrant and progressive congregation in the heart of downtown Lincoln. We decided ten years ago to remain downtown and be intentional about our ministry here -- near the University, near state and city government, in the midst of the financial and entertainment center of the city, and on the streets with the homeless and needy.
So we built a new building, then completely remodeled our 100-year-old sanctuary. Now children and youth, singles and families, seniors, recovering addicts, music lovers and seekers of meaning find hope and life here.
Saint Paul United Methodist Church FAQ
Q: What are some of your upcoming Christmas events?
- Cookie Fest fundraiser, December 2nd, all day.
- All Church Caroling Party, December 3rd, 4:30 p.m.
followed by soup supper.
- Gingerbread Workshop, December 8th, 6:00 p.m.
(Please register by the 4th)
- Ceremony of Carols, December 11th, 10:30 a.m. with chancel choir.
- Ring and Sing Music Festival, December 11th, 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday Evenings, The Journey, Walking the Path the Bethlehem,
bible study, 7:00 p.m.
Q: When are your worship services and Sunday school classes?
- Saturday 6:00 pm - Informal Traditional, In the Chapel,
- Sunday 9:00 am - Blending contemporary and traditional elements.
Sunday School and Nursery care available.
- Sunday Fellowship Time 10:00 - 10:30 am (between services)
Fellowship and refreshments in the Bevins Family Life Center.
- Sunday 10:30 am - Traditional service. Sunday School and
Nursery care available.
Q: Will I fit in with your congregation?
A: We have many families, couples, single members, youth members and children within our congregation. The members of our church are diverse but all of them hold true to the mission and principles we believe in. All are welcome and invited to participate in our services.
Q: What is Kidz Closet?
A: Kidz Closet brings buyers and sellers together In one location for 4 days of bargain shopping. This is your opportunity to clear out the clutter and bring home the bargains while supporting the ministries of Saint Paul Church. Kidz Closet is a semi-annual consignment event of children's gently used clothing, shoes, books, toys, equipment, furniture and more (Including teens and maternity Items). To register as a consignor and/or volunteer or for more information contact Cathy Link, (402) 477-6951, email@example.com .
Q: Where are you located?
A: Saint Paul United Methodist Church has served the Lincoln area from the heart of the city for over 100 years – located in downtown Lincoln, corner of 12th and M Streets.
From the east, I-80, exit on I-180 south to "O" Street (about 2.5 miles); left on "O", right on 11th Street.
From the west, I-80, exit on West "O" to downtown (about 4 miles); right on 11th Street.
Free on Sunday
- Plenty of on-street parking around the church
- Saint Paul parking garage (enter from 11th Street)
- WestGate Bank Garage (east of the church)
Weekdays and Saturday
- Our garage (enter on 11th St.)is always open for church events or business. You're welcome to park there whenever you come to volunteer, visit a staff membe
r or attend an event.
- On-street parking - metered - free after 6pm
- City garages and other pay lots - pay per use
1144 M Street
PO Box 83068
Lincoln, NE 68501-3068