This article, entitled "Traits Of The World’s Most Successful Women," comes from Single Mom Financial Help.
Many women are often afraid to venture out into their own and begin new businesses, build companies or even take an executive position at their respective companies. Often times, its because women have very limited and few role models in the field.
But perhaps it isn’t too shocking that pastel pant suits strike fear in the hearts of friends and employees everywhere. In the U.S., men run roughly 97% of the largest public companies, hold 84% of major board positions and control 83% of Congress. Truly powerful women remain a tiny minority, and fear of the unknown is common and rational. (Forbes)
Women are just looking for the next “Steve Jobs” and “Mark Zuckerberg”, but we currently do have some excellent role models to look up to, and each of them display characteristics of truly successful women. Slowly, but surely, however, women are making their ways up the ladder and climbing into success. Here are some women who have shown their successes at the worldwide level:
1. Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
2. Meg Whitman, CEO of HP, former CEO of Ebay
3. Marissa Mayer, CEO and President of Yahoo!
4. Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo
5. Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM
6. Oprah Winfrey, owner of OWN
These 6 women are in different fields and do very different things, but they each share similar ingredients in their recipe to success.
Here are 12 things that Women who are successful, do differently (By Emma Gray of the Huffington Post); Traits Of The World’s Most Successful Women
1. They are deeply passionate about what they do.
2. They don’t expect perfection — of themselves or those around them.
3. Often, they become the boss.
4. They marry well — or not at all.
5. They believe that they will be successful.
6. They’re not afraid to take risks.
7. They know that failure goes hand-in-hand with success.
8. They take care of themselves physically.
9. They know that their to-do lists will never be completed, and they’re okay with that.
10. They make sure to schedule alone time.
11. They know how to foster genuine relationships — and keep them strong.
12. They express gratitude to those around them.
With the 12 things mentioned above, don’t forget about the very common and core characteristics that will make someone successful. Always have perseverance, creativity, be talented, be visionary, ambitious, engaging, disciplined, and definitely don’t be afraid to think bigger, Traits Of The World’s Most Successful Women.
And it seems that often times we forget that women CAN be as good as leaders as Men.
What makes a Woman a Different Leader than a Man? (Courtesy of Forbes)
If you are like the many talented and visionary woman out there just requiring a little push to get off the sticky floor, you now are fully capable of taking your ventures to the next level. And if you find yourself ever wondering, “Why am I not successful?” or “What am I doing wrong?” take a look at the above list and I am sure that you will find where you are lacking and be able to pick yourself up from there. And remember, the biggest trait of successful women is personal growth.