Building healthier Washington County youth... One child at a time, One experience at a time.
The mission of The Right Path for Washington County is to promote healthy youth development by reducing and preventing youth substance abuse and by continually building and strengthening our broad-based community coalition to support healthy behavioral choices and reduce the incidence of substance abuse among Washington County youth.
What are The Right Path’s services, programs and activities?
- Drug and alcohol prevention and awareness activities in county schools
- Positive Action curriculum in county schools
- Leadership and community service opportunities for youth
- School outreach work with youth-led groups: Students Against Destructive Decisions, Teen Institute, Builders’ Club, Right Choice Club, and Key Club
- Summer anti-drug and –alcohol media campaign, designed by county youth
- Drug-free dances each T uesday night during the summer months
- Teen and Family Swim Nights each Friday during the summer
- Other drug-free youth events throughout the year (Battle of the DJs, Battle of the Bands, Community Days, etc.)
- Collaboration with other youth-serving organizations and agencies on activities that promote healthy families and healthy children