The Children’s Listening Place will protect and serve children who are abused in Wood County, by creating and operating a community based center dedicatin.
Our Mission Statement
To protect and serve children who are abused by creating and operating a community based center dedicated to providing a coordinated approach to investigating abuse and to assisting children in coping with the trauma of abuse.
- That all children who are victims of sexual and physical abuse have advocates and resources provided to them.
- That all law enforcement agencies in out geographical service area use the Children's Listening Place.
- That all involved agencies harmoniously work together for the sake of the children we serve.
- To see the justice system recognize an increase in successful prosecuting of physical and sexual abuse cases.
- To see a reduction in the placement of children by child protection agencies from their homes because of a reduction of abuse in our communities.
- Child appropriate/child friendly facility
- Multidisciplinary Investigative team
- Cultural competency and diversity
- Medical intervention
- Victim support and advocacy
- Case review, tracking and high standards of care