With Easter coming this weekend, finding goodies to stuff your basket is easy. Tempting candy, bright plastic eggs, and adorable stuffed buddies abound. But with so many choices, you can end up overflowing your baskets and emptying your wallet – without gaining anything important. Here are some tips to help cut through the excess and enjoy a more meaningful and enjoyable Easter.
(1) Buy quality: Don’t waste your money on cheap toys, stuffed animals, and trinkets that fall apart quickly. Well-made goods cost a bit more, but will be enjoyed much longer – ultimately making them the better buy.
(2) Forget quantity and focus on the receiver: Over-abundance diminishes appreciation for individual pieces. Only spend your money on gifts the receiver will truly enjoy, use, and remember.
(3) Choose taste: When it comes to candy, only put your money where you want to put your mouth. No matter how cheap it is, money spent on treats no one will eat is wasted.
(4) Stretch the fun: Make an egg or clue hunt, instead of everything already being in a basket. In a clue hunt, each clue leads to another clue, until ultimately the prize is found. You can even attach clues to small gifts that eventually lead to a big gift. Be creative. Best of all, this fun is great indoors or out.
(5) Skip the plastic grass: Unless you are really in love with plastic Easter grass, don’t bother. It’s usually more of a nuisance than a joy. Plastic grass tends to stick to everything and you’ll find it all over the house for months to come. Save your money for something better.
(6) Ignore the egg kits: You probably already have all you need to make beautiful dyed eggs. Eggs can be colored with a simple mixture of food coloring, vinegar, and room-temperature water. Want embellishments? Look around the house for stickers, bits of ribbon, even leftover craft supplies.
(7) Slow down: For many families, Easter is about much more than colored eggs and chocolate bunnies. If your family is one of them, take time this Easter to worry less about perfect outfits, and more about the people inside them. Celebrate, love… and then eat the ears off the big chocolate bunny!
The best couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, extreme couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over five years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer. Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s over 70 angels combine over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better. Simply log in, choose the deals you want, print or clip only the coupons you need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores. Our angels will personally work with you to craft a plan that will help you buy healthier food at lower prices – helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month.
Josh Elledge is chief executive "Angel" of SavingsAngel.com, a website that teaches consumers how to save money through a free money savings video eCourse and podcast. SavingsAngel also provides hundreds of 50% off or better deals each week to members by matching local grocery and drug store sales with its free database of over 5,000 accessible coupons. A husband and father of three, he now appears each week on television, in eight newspapers, and a number of radio stations across the country teaching families how to cut their grocery bill in half using the Internet. Elledge created the technology found on SavingsAngel.com through the need to save his own family’s money. Successfully able to cut his own grocery bill from $600 a month to less than $300 a month, his message has reached hundreds of thousands of families. SavingsAngel.com is now growing rapidly throughout the country. You can watch a short video at SavingsAngel.com that will explain more information about how to cut your own grocery bill in half with the help of SavingsAngel.com!