1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
2. Scrub potatoes.
3. Place whole potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl.
4. Add frozen broccoli on top.
5. Completely cover bowl with a microwave-safe plate.
6. Microwave 12 minutes on high (or until potatoes are tender).
7. Use a towel or oven safe gloves to carefully take off plate and remove bowl from microwave. (Use extra caution to avoid steam.)
8. Use potato masher to break up potatoes and broccoli.
9. Stir in cheese, ranch dressing and milk.
10. Taste and then add salt and pepper as needed.
11. As an option you can top the potato mixture with sprinkled cheese.Click here for a printable version of this recipe.