By this time of year, most people have already given up on their resolution of living a healthier lifestyle, losing weight, eating better, etc. Here are some tips on how to get and stay motivated so this will be the last year you have to make your health and fitness revolution.
• Remind yourself of WHAT is motivating you to lose weight/get healthy. Sounds simple, but we lose sight of what the reason is for wanting to improve out health.
• Ask yourself WHY you want to reach your certain goal. Don’t just think “I want to lose 30 pounds.” WHY do you want to lose 30 pounds?
• Be forgiving to yourself. At some point you’re going to slip up and binge and skip a workout or three, but don’t throw the towel in. And it’s not usually just one or even two bad meals or missed workouts that cause you to gain weight back. It’s when you keep doing it over and over where you’ll start backsliding. Forgive yourself, get over it, and get right back on track.
• Keep a food and exercise log. It’s a powerful tool that will keep you honest and accountable.
• Take a “Before” picture of yourself and put it up where you will see it often. If you don’t like what you see, then let this motivate you to stay on track.
• Commit to at least one healthy habit or change for 21 days. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, so after 21 days you should have no problem sticking to your new healthy habit. Some simple ideas: eat every 3 hours; exercise for 10-15 minutes each day; drink eight 8 cups of water a day.
Keeping motivated to reach your health and fitness goals can be a challenge, but take small steps one day at a time, and you’ll have a much easier time sticking with it.
Body OverHALL, LLC
For more information please visit www.bodyoverhall.com