I normally blog about being a mom or things my daughter (Bug) has done, but not today! Today’s blog is dedicated to my other half, my husband, Ben. He is super excited that I am going to blog about him (not!!!!). I told him I would be nice!
Over the weekend, we cleaned out part of our garage! As we were up to our ears in clutter, I had a realization….BEN AND I ARE TRULY OPPOSITE PERSONALITIES!!!! Just for fun, we actually started making a list of some of our opposites. We didn’t do this to pick at one another, but to see how some of our opposites work together (or may clash a little). Here is a list of a few of our opposites!
- I am a city girl at heart and Ben grew up on a farm. Let’s just say, this city-girl had an interesting experience when she went to see the pigs for the first time! I think I stayed 2.5 seconds! Ben still laughs about this! Needless to say, the city-girl has had to relax a little bit!
- I am super organized and believe that everything needs a proper spot. I actually don’t function very well in clutter (just ask my family!!!). Ben believes in organized chaos (I didn’t even know that word existed). He knows where everything is; even if it is a cluttered mess (I learned this as we cleaned the garage out this weekend).
- Ben is sentimental and I am not (shouldn’t that be the other way around)!! I know that seems weird! I don’t like clutter, so I tend to throw everything away (sentimental or not). Ben doesn’t throw anything away!
- I am going to need a little help from Dave Ramsey for this next one. As Dave Ramsey would call it, I am our financial “free-spirit” and Ben is our financial “nerd”. I am so thankful that he makes a monthly budget, has made it easy for me to understand our investments, and keeps me on track!! Me +balancing the checkbook= a big disaster!
- Ben is quiet, a planner and thinker! I am a little more outgoing some would say loud (he tells me I could talk to a wall). Plus, I like to make a decision and be done with it. His planning side, forces me to slow down and think. He prevents me from making impulse decisions!
What can I say, I guess the statement that opposites attract, truly holds true for us! When we got married, Ben’s mom told me he had met his match. I think a more accurate statement is we are a perfect match (feel free to gag!). I am grateful and thankful that our opposites help balance each other out.
Ben I am thankful that you chose me to be your wife and that you put up with all my antics. I am thankful for your leadership and that you are a fantastic father to Bug! We will celebrate 8 years of marriage in a few weeks, so honey, Happy Early Anniversary! I look forward to many more years (I promise I am done being mushy)!!!!
So does the statement, “opposites attract” hold true in your house?!?!? What are some of your opposites that seem too just work? Or do you not believe in the statement "opposites attract"?
Can’t wait to hear from you!