This article, entitled "Back to School and Fall Savings - NOW," comes from SavingsAngel.com.
Starting back-to-school shopping this time of year can actually set you up very well for a great summer of savings – and make the (eventual) financial strain of REAL back-to-school all but disappear.
(1) Skim clearance clothing. Take 5-10 minutes when already shopping to snag rock bottom prices. Watch for both warmer pieces and cooler pieces, as it stays hot even after school begins.
(2) Get to the second-hand stores early in the summer. During the yard sale season, second-hand stores get large influxes of clothing and household goods as people drop off items that did not sell. Beat the back-to-school picked-over racks by combing for excellent finds early.
(3) Watch for snack and lunch items. Treats like nuts, chips, juice boxes, crackers, fruit snacks, lunch meat, bread and other standbys often go on great sales throughout summer. Watch expiration dates and think freezer and pantry.
(4) Pick up paper goods, such as plates, cups and napkins. Typical picnic items are staples at schools. Teachers use them for everything from snack time to crafts.
(5) Shop for cleaning supplies, especially anti-bacterial products. They are often at low prices throughout summer. You’ll want them for fall cleaning anyway, and, of course, to donate to classrooms.
(6) Scour for used sports equipment and musical instruments at second-hand retailers, Craig’s List, online yard sales, physical yard sales, local music stores, and the like. Take the sting out of these expensive needs by comparing prices and shopping around.
(7) Hunt for canning supplies. Garage sales and second hand stores can yield necessary supplies at a fraction of the cost over buying new. Look items over carefully for durability and value.
(8) Meat, meat and more meat! During grilling season, prices on fresh meat of all varieties are slashed. Stock your freezer now with cuts for cozy fall and winter evenings.
(9) Pour on the condiments – all year long. Summer is one of the best times of year to buy ketchup, mustard, marinades and more. Just because summer ends, doesn’t mean you’ll stop using them – so stock up.
The best couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, extreme couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over five years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer. Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s over 70 angels combine over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better. Simply log in, choose the deals you want, print or clip only the coupons you need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores. Our angels will personally work with you to craft a plan that will help you buy healthier food at lower prices – helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month.
Josh Elledge is chief executive "Angel" of SavingsAngel.com, a website that teaches consumers how to save money through a free money savings video eCourse and podcast. SavingsAngel also provides hundreds of 50% off or better deals each week to members by matching local grocery and drug store sales with its free database of over 5,000 accessible coupons. A husband and father of three, he now appears each week on television, in eight newspapers, and a number of radio stations across the country teaching families how to cut their grocery bill in half using the Internet. Elledge created the technology found on SavingsAngel.com through the need to save his own family’s money. Successfully able to cut his own grocery bill from $600 a month to less than $300 a month, his message has reached hundreds of thousands of families. SavingsAngel.com is now growing rapidly throughout the country. You can watch a short video at SavingsAngel.com that will explain more information about how to cut your own grocery bill in half with the help of SavingsAngel.com!