Vanilla Nut Granola
2 cups old fashion oats (not quick oats)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cup chopped nuts (this can be any combination you want...I frequently use chopped almonds and peanuts for ours)
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup (use the real thing, Grade B)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients in a large bowl, stir until well combined.
3. Spread granola mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Stir granola around on the baking sheet, keeping it in an even layer.
6. Return to the oven and bake an additional 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking tray. This helps the granola to become crisp and creates those great little granola clusters.
8. Once completely cool, break up granola and remove from tray.
9. Enjoy on fresh fruit & yogurt parfaits, with a little vanilla almond milk or just by the handful!
10. Store in airtight container.