There are times in our lives when we become discouraged, uninspired or even bored. It happens to the best of us. Here are some things to do to try to improve your mood and get out of the mommy funk:
- Write down everything you're grateful for. Then do something positive for someone who is less fortunate, like donating food or clothes or volunteering.
- Be daring. Sky diving may be extreme, but maybe that rock climbing wall isn't so scary. Sign up for an adventure to lift your spirits and experience all life has to offer.
- Take a long weekend and get out of town. Stay at a nice hotel or lodge and take advantage of room service or take a road trip to visit friends.
- Find a hobby. If you've always wanted to play guitar, learn how to paint or sew your own clothes, now is the time to do something for yourself.
- Get active. Exercise does wonders for your body and mind. If you already work out, try a new boot camp or fitness class you find intriguing.
If you feel like your funk feels more like a full-blown depression, it's time to seek professional help.