Drumstick-quinoa sheet pan supper
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrate 70g
Vitamin A: 15%, Vitamin C: 60%, Calcium: 10%, Iron: 70%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8-10 chicken legs
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, cubed
- 1 orange (1/4 cup juice and zest)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- orange rind curls
- brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- quinoa, cooked according to package directions
Heat oven to 400° F.
Line 13-by-18-inch sheet pan with parchment paper.
Place chicken legs on pan. Spread fennel, yellow onion, red onion, garlic and potatoes around and in between legs.
In small bowl, whisk together orange juice and zest, thyme and olive oil. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Cook rice and quinoa.
Garnish chicken with parsley and orange curls. Serve over brown rice and quinoa.
Recipe courtesy of the National Onion Association and Idaho-Eastern Oregon Onion Committee