Protein power huevos rancheros
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrate 34g
658 mg calcium (70% daily value).
Nutrition figures based on using fat free milk, and include an 8-ounce glass of milk.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 – large egg
- 2 tablespoons – milk
- 1 – 6” corn tortilla
- 2 tablespoons – reduced-fat pepper jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon – olive oil
- 1/4 –avocado, sliced
- 1 ounce – cooked turkey sausage, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon – chunky garden salsa
- 2 tablespoons – nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon – green onion, sliced
- Dash – Pepper
- Salt (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
Pair each serving with:
8-ounce glass of milk
In a bowl, whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons milk. Season with salt (optional) and pepper to taste; set aside.
Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tortilla to pan and heat for 10 seconds. Flip tortilla and heat on other side for 10 seconds and remove to a plate.
Heat olive oil in pan. Add egg mixture and cheese. Cook eggs over medium low heat, stirring gently with a spatula until cooked through, but still creamy. Remove from heat.
Top heated tortilla with turkey sausage, avocado, scrambled egg, salsa, Greek yogurt, green onion and optional dollop of hot sauce. Serve with remaining 8-ounce glass of milk.