Salmon and spring veggies
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 Lemon (Zest and Juice)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 bunch Parsley
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Olive Oil
- Celtic Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Veggie Stock Cube
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil with 1/2 of a veggie stock cube. Add the rinsed quinoa and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let sit covered for 5 more minutes before fluffing with a fork. If you're using a rice cooker (recommended), add 1 1/4 cups of water, 1/2 of a veggie stock cube and 1/2 cup of quinoa.
2. Grate the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese into a bowl. Add in 1 clove of minced garlic and 1/3 cup of roughly chopped parsley. Zest in 1/2 of the lemon and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Toss everything to combine.
3. Place the salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with Celtic Salt and red pepper flakes. Top with the parmesan-herb mixture and pop into the oven for 10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
4. Cut the asparagus into bite-sized pieces and add to a skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of Celtic Salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Thinly slice the remaining garlic, add it to the pan and cook for another minute or two. Remove from the heat.
5. In the same bowl that had the parmesan-herb mixture, add the remaining lemon zest, the juice of 1/2 of the lemon, 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1/3 cup of roughly chopped parsley. Stir in the cooked quinoa and the asparagus. Taste and season with Celtic Salt and red pepper flakes. Serve the salmon with the quinoa!
Prep Ahead: If preparing this in advance, serve at room temperature or warm the salmon lightly in the oven.